Friday, April 4, 2008

Hello all from Tom Manok

Hello all,

Here’s an update you may or may not have received from the Nauti-Chicas. Based on last evening, I must say the ladies recovered quite well from their adventure.

The amount of support from our friends, fellow racers…..and my employers has been overwhelming. It has been a challenge to get the boat ready and make sure the team had every advantage they could possibly have. I am happy to report the boat made it threw in flying colors and I have been gratified by the teams’ comments relative to Predator being up to what ever they threw at her.

The delivery crew has reconfigured the boat into delivery mode and should be leaving tonight or tomorrow morning depending on the weather window. Last night, the Chicas insisted on making “an appearance” at a lovely reception thrown by Balboa Yacht Club, pool side at the old Hacienda Hotel. While I shuttled them around, the delivery crew, John Henke, Les George and Rob Keith, assisted by Chica Chaser Barry Senescu cooked up a wonderful dinner for us. Yes, “some” cerveza, rum and taquilla was consumed too. Most of the ladies are still in bed catching up on some well deserved rest.

I want to acknowledge the folks I work with in Cabo, especially Vista Serena’s president, Erich Kaufman and his team who provided me with the opportunity to offer such a great “winding down” environment for the Nauti-Chicas. I’m not forgetting you guys in SD or Laguna either, you’re support and understanding relative to my moments of distraction over the last week are certainly appreciated as well.

See all of soon,
Tom

www.montagelagunabeach.com

No comments: